One hearing to watch when the Senate returns next week is the Full Appropriations Committee hearing on “Driving Innovation Through Federal Investments,” which will be held on April 29th, 2014 at 2:30 pm in Room SD-G50 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.
“Chairwoman Mikulski is trying to drive home the point that the federal government generates a ton of innovation each year by funding smart people with big goals. Those innovations create jobs, patents, technologies, medicines, treatments — you name it,” Appropriations panel spokesman Vincent Morris said in a statement. Morris said the hearing won’t take the place of the regular yearly oversight hearings on the president’s budget, but instead “will open a new door. And to really reach out far and wide for opinions and insight, we decided to use Twitter to engage with organizations, universities and individuals.”
- The Honorable John P. Holdren, Ph.D., Director, Office of Science and Technology Policy, Executive Office of the President of the United States
- The Honorable Ernest Moniz, Ph.D., Secretary, Department of Energy
- The Honorable Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D., Director, National Institutes of Health
- The Honorable France A. Córdova, Ph.D., Director, National Science Foundation
- Arati Prabhakar, Ph.D., Director, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, Department of Defense