Today DBR’s own Julie Scott Allen and Matt Amodeo hosted a Bloomberg BNA webinar entitled “Beyond ACOs: Value-Based Purchasing and Other Accountable Care Delivery Options.” This 90-minute webinar featured discussions on:
- The policy, politics, and economics of value-based purchasing – with a particular emphasis on the payment reform models called for under the Affordable Care Act (ACA);
- The current political climate including deficit reduction efforts, looming SGR cuts, sequestration, and FY2013 federal budget activities;
- Supreme Court’s decision on the constitutionality of the ACA and how it will likely affect value-based payment delivery models supported through the ACA;
- Overview of the current Medicare delivery system reform programs and initiatives including the value-based purchasing program; hospital readmission reduction program; hospital-acquired condition penalty; bundled payment demonstration; bundled payment for care improvement initiative (BPCII); accountable care organizations (ACOs); and
- Commercial market value-based purchasing models being tested across the country.